Self-care is so much more than a relaxing day at the spa or spending a couple of hours in nature or taking a Saturday afternoon to curl up with your favorite book. These are all great ideas and do help our well-being, but self-care is actually a 24/7 attitude and lifestyle. God expects us to show respect for the gift of life that He has given to us, and practicing self-care is not a selfish activity.
In thinking about proper self-care, here are the 5 pillars to staying healthy:
1) Proactive health practices
- Regular Reflexology sessions
- Periodic health check-ups
2) Mental well-being
- Reflexology helps relieve stress and anxiety
- Quiet time for meditation or prayer
- Choose to enhance your self-esteem, feel in control of your life, and create a sense of satisfaction with your life
3) Healthy eating
- Reflexology can help digestive issues
- Choosing the best quality food available to you at each meal
- Unprocessed, fresh, organic foods, if possible, is always a good choice
4) Physical activity
- Reflexology helps with muscle recovery, inflammation, and metabolism
- Move your body throughout the day with walking, exercising, gardening, house cleaning, etc. to keep your weight in check, reduce stress, and sleep better
5) Other things to consider
- Reflexology helps with many other things such as, plantar fasciitis, migraines, better sleep, neuropathy, inflammation, and general well-being.
- Practice good hygiene
- Avoid risky behaviors, such as smoking, overuse of alcohol, aggressive driving, etc.
How many of these pillars are you incorporating into your life? What is the common denominator here? The answer is—reflexology can help with many of your concerns, as well as general wellness and health maintenance as a whole. This is not to be confused with “foot massage” that is offered at those foot spas. A reflexologist is a practitioner that is educated and properly trained and certified by a reputable reflexology school, and holds a license that allows this practice.
Reflexology sessions are by appointment only. Call (813) 965-1697 TODAY to reserve your time!
To your good health!
Louise Richardson, Certified Reflexologist