by Samantha Taylor Fitness
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars or Pie (low carb and gluten-free but delicious!)
Yield: 16 bars • Serving Size: 1 bar Everybody loves pecan pie on Thanksgiving. Here is
a low carb, gluten-free version of chocolate pecan pie bars. You don’t have to get off track
during the holidays! You can make this into a pie as well.
• 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
• 1/4 cup xylitol
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 1 tbsp butter
• 2 tbsp vegetable glycerin
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
• 1 ¼ cups almond flour
• 1/4 cup butter, chilled and
cut into small pieces
• 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
• 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp liquid stevia extract
• 2 eggs
• 2 tbsp melted butter
• 1 tbsp unsulphered
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 2 oz 85 or 90% cacao
• 1 cup pecans, lightly
1. For the caramel sauce, combine Swerve, xylitol and water in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir until sweeteners dissolve and then allow to come to a boil. Boil until mixture darkens somewhat, about 9 to 11 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and add cream and butter. Mixture may bubble vigorously. Stir in vegetable glycerin and vanilla extract and then quickly whisk in xanthan gum.
4. Let mixture cool to lukewarm, about 20 to 30 minutes.
5. While caramel is cooling, prepare the crust. Preheat the oven to 350F.
6. Combine almond flour, butter, erythritol, xanthan gum, salt and stevia in a food processer. Pulse until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
7. Press mixture evenly into the bottom of an 8-inch square pan and bake 12 minutes. Remove and set aside.
8. Reduce oven temperature to 325F.
9. Whisk eggs, melted butter, molasses and salt into cooled caramel sauce.
10. Sprinkle crust with chopped chocolate and toasted pecans. Pour filling over and bake about 20 minutes, until set and slightly puffed.
Serves 16. Each serving has 8 g of carbs and 2 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 6 g.
207 Calories; 19g Fat (82.4% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 50mg Cholesterol; 163mg Sodium.
Recipe from: http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2013/11/chocolate-pecan-pie-bars-and-a-thanksgiving-potluck-for-feeding-america.html