1 Peter 5:7
What is Biblical Stewardship? How does it have any impact on my life and my money? I’ll share with you my first personal experience with Biblical Stewardship. It was in the mid 90’s and I had financial frustration in every aspect of my life. It was absolutely horrible!! Once I got a grasp on this concept (ha, perhaps it got a grasp on me?!?), I was almost immediately set free. I felt an overwhelming burden lifted and a clear financial future by obeying God’s stewardship principles. May I also note: You don’t need to be a Christian to be successful applying these principles. I was liberated and focused on financial freedom. God’s way and love have helped 100% of the families we work with.
Here are some of the major points of Biblical Stewardship:
1) Stewardship is the only area of the Christian life that cannot be faked. The way we spend our money is a true measure of our priorities.
2) Every spending decision is a spiritual decision. Ask, “Is this really what God wants me to do?”
3) Believing—this is the key to financial freedom. Often it is not rational or the American Dream.
There are 4 Transcendent Planning Principles of Financial Success:
1) You must spend less than you make
2) Avoid the use of debt as much as possible
3) Build up liquidity, a “slush fund” of 3-6 months of expenses
4) Set long-term goals and plan ahead!
These are some of the primary points of Financial Stewardship. Remembering that God really owns it all and provides for it all is at the forefront. And yet He leaves it to us to be good stewards of great blessings. My purpose is to be your Steward Assistant.
Caring for you and yours,