By Karen McBride
Sunshine Animal Hospital is more than just a neighborhood veterinary practice. From preventative care to in-depth diagnostics, the doctors and staff perform all facets of veterinary care, including:
• Dental cleaning – It is estimated that 85% of all pets have periodontal disease by the time they are 3 years of age. This is the main cause of early tooth loss, which can lead to eating disorders and other serious health issues.
• Wellness exams – An annual checkup is an important part of keeping your pet healthy. It can be used as a marker for signs of illness down the road, such as weight loss or other changes.
• Vaccinations – Vaccines have saved millions of pets from fatal diseases over the years. However, not every pet needs every vaccine. Some vaccines are considered core vaccines and should be administered to all pets, whereas other vaccines are optional and may be recommended for pets based on a variety of factors, such as their risk for exposure to disease. Consult with one of the veterinarians at Sunshine Animal Hospital to find out what vaccines are required for your pet.
• Boarding – Have peace of mind knowing your pet is well cared for while you are away. The professional and caring staff will make every effort to ensure that your pet is safe, happy and healthy during his or her stay.
• Microchip Identification – A lost pet can be a traumatic event. Even if your pet wears a collar, it could fall off or break. A microchip is one way to increase the chance that your pet will return home safely.
• Parasite prevention and control – Living in Florida has so many advantages, but one of the drawbacks is fleas. Make sure your pet is well protected against an infestation with safe ingestible or topical medication. The staff can guide you on the best way to rid your house of fleas as well to reduce the risk of re-infestation.
For a higher level of pet care, the hospital has state-of-the-art equipment for blood transfusions, ultrasound radiology, and digital radiology, which have proven to be powerful diagnostic tools in veterinary medicine. In addition, the doctors and staff participate in innovative cancer treatments to prolong the quality of life for patients.
Sunshine Animal Hospital is located at 8008 W. Waters Avenue, Tampa, FL 33615. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 6:00pm and Saturday 8am to 5pm. For after-hours emergencies, call (813) 885-7071. For more information, call (813) 885-7071 or visit http://www.sunshineanimalhospital.com.